|Integrated Algebra Special Administration
January 2016 Regents Information
School Administrator's Manual
Common Core ELA & Geometry FAQ
Score of Zero: Students receive an official score of zero if they do ALL of the following:
- Arrive at the test room before the admission deadline
- Remain in the testing room until after the USAD
- Have before them the exam booklet and an answer sheet for at least part of the time between 1 and 2 above
- Put their name on the answer sheet or had before them an answer sheet on which their name is pre-printed
- Sign the declaration
- Do not answer any questions at all
- Do not in any way indicate in writing on the answer sheet or answer document that the are withdrawing from the exam or refusing to take it
Regents Grade and Final Average
Test Security Unit
Regents scores are not percents, but rather scaled scores just like theNYS 3-8 exams or SATs. Regents scores do not represent a percent of points even though the 100 point scale makes them appear to be a percentage. If teachers are using the Regents grade as a percent of the final grade then they are using a scale score as if it were a percentage that can be averaged into the final grade.
At this time, NYSED does not have a policy that bans districts from using Regents grades to calculate final averages. However, why is Regents used in final average calculations, a new data element???
Regents to Common Core Exams Transition Schedules
CNYRIC FTP Site
Links to the NYSED Sites:
Office of State Assessments:
Information Booklets for Scoring Regents Exams:
High School Scoring Information:
High School Important Notices:
Please take a few moments to review the Updated Remote Scoring Guide found below.