Fostering Active and Social Learning
Create exciting learning opportunities for today’s students with integrated student engagement tools that expand learning opportunities through active participation in and beyond the classroom.
|Promote Active Collaboration and Social Learning
• Course Wikis drive student interaction through content creation, editing and ownership.
• Blogs and Journals promote discourse and reflection.
• Discussion Boards, Virtual Classrooms and Chat encourage ideas and debate.
• Groups provide a venue for student-centered collaboration and communication.
• Learning Modules – Table of Contents guide students through a structured learning experience.
• Adaptive Release builds a rule structure to determine the content students see.
Engage Students with Multi-Media Content
• Mashups integrate Web 2.0 resources from youtube.com, slideshare.com and flickr.com.
• NBC News Archives enable teachers to easily access multimedia content related to historical and current events.
Engage Students With a New User Interface
• Web 2.0 User Experience creates and delivers effective content with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
• Advanced Accessibility Options that have been Gold Level certified by the National Federation of the Blind for Non-Visual Accessibility.
Promoting Planning and Productivity
Enable intuitive planning and instructional productivity with integrated efficiency tools for teachers and organizational leaders to deliver a more engaging student experience.
| Deliver Organized and Effective Instruction
• Lesson Planning builds personalized and integrated lesson plans and aligns to state standards.
• Learning Modules – Table of Contents support structured instructional design.
Share and Manage Learning Content at the Course Level and Across the District
• Course Files enable the easy upload and management of course level content.
• Content Management module enhancements easily upload and manage content across courses and organizations.
Enhancing and Monitoring Evaluation
Provide educational insight into classroom instruction with integrated lesson plans, standards alignment and standards reporting.
| Monitor Activity and Progress
• Assessment Manager centrally creates and manages multiple assessment types.
• Grade Center centrally manages all assessments and grades in context.
• Notification Dashboard keeps teachers on top of students who need immediate attention or assistance.
Enabling District-Wide Efficiency
Do more with less and drive district-wide efficiency with streamlined processes and automated standards mapping.
| Enhance Communication
• Student Notifications give teachers the ability to send e-mail notifications to students and are accessible from a central student notification dashboard.
Drive Standards-Based Teaching and Learning
• Course Level Standards Alignment empowers teachers in standards alignment processes.
• Standards Aligned Content and Curriculum ensures compliance with state standards through integrated alignments.
Ensure Compliance with State Standards
• Coverage Reports generate multiple levels of reporting that highlight both “covered” and “gaps” in coverage to gain insight into standards-based instruction – from individual courses and learning levels to district-wide disciplines.
Maximize your Investment in Curriculum Management
• Standards Importing aligns course content and lesson plans with imported standards from 50 U.S. states and Washington, DC.
• Standards Mapping implements new standards in a shorter time frame with a streamlined standards mapping process.
Delivering Continuous Professional Development
Sustain and reinforce professional collaboration with productivity and engagement tools, delivering organized and continuous professional development.
|Model Structured and Organized Instruction
• Lesson Plans provide templates that model strong organization and pedagogy.
• Course Files make it easier to build and maintain professional development programs with in-course file storage and management.
Reinforce Professional Collaboration
• Course Wikis drive collaborative participation across professional development courses.
• Groups provide a venue for professional collaboration and communication.
Keep Teachers Engaged Beyond the Classroom
• Learner Notifications give professional development course instructors the ability to send e-mail notifications to teachers and staff.
• Blackboard Mobile Learn™ application brings interactive teaching and learning to mobile devices, creating an engaging mobile learning experience for teachers on the go.